Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Book Review: Healthy Eats by Six Sisters' Stuff


Book Description:

More than 100 recipes under 500 calories. Quick and easy. Delicious and healthy. Food you can feel good about serving to your family. Six Sisters' Stuff are popular lifestyle bloggers and cookbook authors who know about managing busy families, and they know sometimes quick means not healthy. After getting numerous requests;from their fans for healthy meals, they combined their fast-and-easy cooking style with fresh and unprocessed ingredients for healthy and family-friendly recipes in their latest cookbook.

Rorie's Review:

I know I say this every time I review a cookbook, but I really love owning cookbooks, especially if they're full of easy, tasty recipes. This book definitely fits that bill, and the recipes are healthy to boot! (Something I REALLY need after being in quarantine for 6 weeks!)

My absolute favorite recipe so far is the sweet potato breakfast bowl. I've eaten that for breakfast the last 3 days and plan on having it tomorrow too. The green smoothie and banana breakfast smoothie will be in regular rotation too. My oldest son even had the banana smoothie, and he never drinks those!

My entire family enjoyed the gyros, although the tzatziki recipe makes a ton of sauce. We have so much of it left over! (Side note: I used that in my egg salad today instead of mayo and it was pretty tasty.)

I'm looking forward to trying many more recipes out of this book and am very happy to add it to my collection.

Tarah's Review:

We love a good breakfast in our family, but since we love sleeping in more it's normally just toast and cereal for us. When this cookbook came along my kids decided they were going to be the ones to make things, and I really appreciated that the recipes were simple enough that they had no trouble making things.

My 11 yr old made the Chocolate-Banana Blender muffins. There were all really intrigued that you used a blender to mix this instead of a mixing bowl. Because these are naturally sweetened and we eat loads of processed sugar, my kids thought the cocoa power made this a little too bitter. Cocoa power isn't something we use often and they definitely aren't used to it.

They all enjoyed the Banana-Oat Pancakes, and they had those and the left overs for breakfast for a few days. Again, my kids made this and it was simple enough and quick enough to satisfy their talents and abilities.

Let's not forget a desert here. Like I said, we like sweet things in our family. My 9 yr old made the Raspberry Frozen yogurt, and she loved it! She really enjoyed that you could switch out the fruit. We didn't have enough of one kind of fruit, so she added raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. Because you have to freeze it after she set her timer on Alexa and then proceeded to keep asking Alexa how much time was left until she could eat it.

There are so many more recipes that I want to try and I love this great resource for easy healthy recipes for my family.

Andrea's Review:

Healthy Eats is another great cookbook by Six Sisters’ Stuff. It’s a beautiful, full-color cookbook with a picture of each recipe (a must have for me). The book arrived at just the right time for me. I’d been eating so poorly during this quarantine/social distancing, and it was part of the motivation I needed to make some good changes.

We absolutely loved the 3-Ingredient Avocado Salad and the Caprese Salsa. I’ve made the salsa a couple of times and am excited to make it again. I don’t care for fresh onion, so I left that out and cut back on the oil and balsamic vinegar. Both of these are in the side dishes section, and are super easy to make.

The White Bean Chicken chili is also very easy, and a big hit with my family. I’ve made it two or three times and am happy to add it to my go to recipes.

I was a bit surprised about how much I liked the cinnamon-banana baked oatmeal. It was tasty and great to have on hand for several days. A nice and easy grab and go.

The Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl was also quite delicious. I hadn’t really thought about having sweet potatoes for breakfast before, but having it with the pecans, coconut, strawberries and cinnamon (I did those instead of blueberries and almond butter) made for a great breakfast.

We have a lot of other recipes marked to try and are looking forward to it.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71gFRCUgU6L.jpgTitle: Healthy Eats
Author: Six Sisters' Stuff
Publisher: Shadow Mountain
Published: April 2020
ISBN: 162972730X
Source: Review copy from the publisher. All opinions expressed are our own.
 
Purchase: Amazon Deseret Book 


No comments:

Post a Comment