Pages

Friday, May 1, 2020

Book Review: Storing Up Trouble by Jen Turano

Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses, #3)
Book Description:

When Beatrix Waterbury's train is disrupted by a heist, scientist Norman Nesbit comes to her aid. After another encounter, he is swept up in the havoc she always seems to attract--including the attention of the men trying to steal his research--and they'll soon discover the curious way feelings can grow between two very different people in the midst of chaos.

Book Review:

What fun! I was actually supposed to be reading a different book, but I just wasn't in the mood, so I pulled out this Jen Turano book and I was giggling and smiling as I quickly finished. I love that Turano's books can brighten your mood. It's definitely a great quarantine read.

I love the cover of this book. Whoever designs Turano's covers does an excellent excellent job. And while this is book three of a series, there is no problem starting with this one. I say starting, because if you haven't read the other two books in the series, after reading this one you will probably want to go back and see what fun you missed out on.

I actually think Beatrix's story was my favorite, and I think it was because of Norman. I really liked to see his growth in the story. How he comes to realize that not everything is about him. I liked that Beatrix was happy with herself, and comfortable in society, but was also willing to see how life was for everyone else.  I liked that this book showed us the working conditions of this store and the unfairness that happened, but was done in a light-hearted manner. It still makes you think, and depending on your personality it still might make you a little outraged, but it isn't done in a style of gloom and doom. I like that most about Turano's books.

I'll reread this one, and for anyone that is looking for a fun historical fiction, I would definitely recommend this author.




Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses, #3) 

Title: Storing Up Trouble
Author: Jen Turano
Publisher: Bethany House
Published: May 2020
ISBN:
0764231693 
Source: Review copy from NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment