Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Roll

Pumpkin RollPumpkin Roll by Josi S. Kilpack

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sadie Hoffmiller is at it again in the 6th culinary mystery by Josi S. Kilpack.

Sadie accompanies her boyfriend, Pete, to Boston to babysit his grandchildren. The kids get along well with "Aunt Sadie" and everyone is having a great time. That is, until Sadie notices a neighbor (Mrs. Wapple-thought to be a witch) in pain. Sadie, being the caring (and nosy) person she is, can't help but get involved.

I was concerned that I might have built up my expectations too much waiting to get my hands on a copy of Pumpkin Roll. Luckily, I wasn't let down. It was a great story, especially this time of year (Halloween creepy).

For awhile I was bothered that Sadie (master of noticing details) missed a very important clue. But, it turned out that it wasn't a clue after all! I was totally caught off guard by "who done it". It will be interesting to see how the "bad guy" plays into further books.

And speaking of that, the sneak peak of Banana Split left me wanting to read more. (Too bad it doesn't come out until Spring of 2012.)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this review, Andrea! I've been wanting to read some of her books.

    ReplyDelete