Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Book Review: No Place To Hide by Lynette Eason

No Place to Hide (Hidden Identity, #3)

Book Description:

It's not every day you see your childhood friend and one-time crush on national news. Jackie Sellers just wishes it were under different circumstances. She can't believe that Ian Lockwood is wanted in connection with a terrorist plot, and she's determined to find him and help him clear his name. But she's not the only one looking. The FBI wants him captured. The bad guys want him dead. Ian just wants to stay alive long enough to save thousands of innocent lives.

Lynette Eason throws readers right into the action from page one, propelling them along a dangerous road and asking the provocative question of how far we'd be willing to go if we were up against a wall.


Book Review:

I loved the suspense in this book. It was well paced and there was plenty of action going on. Lynette Eason does a great job of writing these in a way that is clean, but not cheesy and tacky.

This is book three, but I haven't read the other two in this series and wasn't lost at all. So it is definitely a stand alone, but I will say that I'm intrigued enough to want to read the other two. Hopefully my library has them :)

I was disappointed in the romance area. Don't get me wrong, it was clean, but it just wasn't working. There was too much backstory that was covered by the wrong people. Jackie tells her best friend the reasons why, but she never tells Ian. And he never asks, just accepts. She is always saying, "Not now" and then it just happens. It was weird. But, I did enjoy the fact that Jackie loved her dead husband. I've read other stories where the man loves the dead wife, but normally the dead husband was not a good man, so it was refreshing to me that she had a good relationship with him.

If you like clean Christian Suspense Romance novels, I would definitely give Lynette Eason a try.

No Place to Hide (Hidden Identity, #3)
Title: No Place to Hide
Author: Lynette Eason
Publisher: Revell
Published: May 2015
ISBN: 0800722108
Source: I received an eEopy from NetGalley in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment