Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Book Review: Goodnight, Ark by Laura Sassi illustrated by Jane Chapman

Goodnight, Ark

Book Description:

The padded board book edition of Goodnight, Ark tells the story of Noah and the animals as they try to sleep through the storm that is raging outside. But when the storm gets louder boars, quails, elephants, snakes and a few other furry friends join Noah in bed, creating quite the commotion! Author Laura Sassi brings a new dimension to one of the Bible's most popular stories, giving a delightful glimpse into the emotional bond between Noah and the animals in his care. With sleek, buoyant verse and eye-catching illustrations by New York Times bestselling illustrator Jane Chapman, this read-aloud bedtime tale is sure to become a favorite of children and parents alike.
 
Book Review:

Okay, so I'm always a little hesitant with children's stories that are religious. Are they going to teach what I believe, are the from the version of the Bible that I read, are they correct, are they too preachy, etc. However, the only thing I can say about Goodnight, Ark is that it is super cute! I love rhyming stories, and the pictures are adorable. While Goodnight, Ark is fictional (Noah is the main character, but it's not the story of Noah...if that makes sense) it's a great bedtime story.

All my kids really like this book, and I love that it is a board book so my 2 year old won't destroy it as fast as a paperback book. My four year olds favorite part of the book was with the skunks, and I'll admit that made me giggle too.  I even read it to my four year old's friend and asked what she thought about it. She had a smile on her face the whole time and told me it was, "Good!" Can't argue with that I guess :)

Goodnight, Ark
Title: Goodnight, Ark
Author: Laura Sassi
Illustrator: Jane Chapman
Publisher: Zonderkidz
Published: August 2015
ISBN: 0310749387
Source: I received copies from the publisher in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment