Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Book Review: Celebrating a Christ-Centered Easter by Emily Belle Freeman

Celebrating a Christ-Centered Easter: Seven Traditions to Lead Us Closer to Jesus Christ

Book Description:

One of the few titles for adults on the Easter holiday, this beautiful gift book tells the story of Jesus from Crucifixion to Resurrection in short chapters, illustrated with line art, told in the first-person narrative of seven disciples. Each section offers the author's commentary on the lessons learned from each disciple and suggests simple traditions to follow to remember how implementing the teachings of the Easter holiday can vastly enrich your life today.

Book Review:

First of all, if you would like to read this book but feel like you are just too busy and don't have the time, guess what? It's short, and quick and easy to read. You could easily read a chapter while eating breakfast in the morning, then another couple chapters while waiting to pick your kids up from school, and by then, you're done with the book. So, go ahead and give it a try :)
I think my favorite part of this book was when she was talking about Simon of Cyrene. I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I don't ever remember this guy in the Easter account. So not only was that good for me to learn about him, I loved the lesson about bearing one another's burdens. 
Another interesting point, at least for me, was that she used both the KJV and the NIV version of the Bible. Since I've never read the NIV it was interesting to hear her talk about that. 
There are seven "traditions" you can modify to fit your family and lifestyle, and I thought they were beautifully done and well thought out. I'm excited to try some for our own Easter traditions. 


Title: Celebrating a Christ-Centered Easter
Author: Emily Belle Freeman
Publisher: Ensign Peak
Published: February 2015
ISBN:
1609079779 
Source: I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for a review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment