Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Book Review: Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauk

Book Description:


Regina Beswick never dreamed of faraway places. She’s happy with her life as a classic car mechanic and owner of a restoration shop.

But an unexpected visitor and the discovery of a fairytale, drawn by her great-grandma, causes Regina to wonder if she might be destined for something more.

Tanner Burkhardt, Minister of Culture for the Grand Duchy of Hessenberg, must convince the strong-willed Southerner, Miss Beswick, that she is his country’s long-lost princess. Failure could destroy his reputation and change his nation forever.

As Regina and Tanner face the challenges before them, neither are prepared for love to invade their hearts and change every thing they believe about themselves.

However, when a royal opponent nearly destroys Regina’s future, she must lean into God and trust He has sovereignly brought her to her true and final destiny.


Book Review:

This is book two of The Royal Wedding Series although reading the first one wouldn't help much with this. The characters that are the same have a minor role in the story, so if you just pick this up, you should be fine.

As with the first book, there is something about the writing that just...is off. But I can't figure out what it is. It's a cute story line, and fun characters though, so that makes up for any offness that I can't define.

Tanner is fun to read about and to get to know. Regina is a strong character as well, and I love that she restores cars.

The fairy tale element in the story is an aspect that I'm draw to when reading, so no complaints from me there.

I will admit that I kept expecting the story to head to a different place with Regina's relationship with Tanner, but I guess I'm pretty glad it didn't go that direction. Normally when a story doesn't go the direction I'm thinking I'm disappointed, but it was okay in this instance.

It was clean and while I wouldn't actively recommend it to people, if I saw you holding a copy I would say, "Hey, let me know what you think of that book when you're done."




Title: Princess Ever After
Author: Rachel Hauk
Publisher: Zondervan Fiction
Published: February 2014
ISBN: 0310315506
Source: I received an eCopy from Netgalley in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment