Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Before the Clock Strikes Thirty by Aubrey Mace

Before_clock_strikes_thirty
Book Description:

With wedding festivities swirling around her, the bride's fortune-telling aunt transfixes young Shannon Fielding. The gypsy woman foresees love in the girl's future: before her thirtieth year, Shannon will meet the man of her dreams. The promise of romance is absolutely thrilling it's almost enough to compensate for the groom's annoying younger brother . . .
 

Shannon has remembered, and loathed, Nathan since their childhood meeting at the wedding reception that set her on a never-ending quest to find her Mr. Right. When Nathan steps back into Shannon's life, she is forced to reconcile her memory of the obnoxious boy he once was with the endearing man he's become. Nathan quickly becomes the best friend a girl could ask for but when their friendship threatens to develop into something more, can Shannon give up the idea of the mysterious soul mate she's sought for so long?

Tarah's Review:

This was a fun book. Light-hearted, maybe a little cheesy, and totally predictable, but so cute that I didn't want to put it down. For some reason the "falling in love with your best friend" books make my heart happy. 

The dialog was fun, the situations were hilarious, and the feelings were real. Although, I can't imagine ever being in Shannon's situation or shoes, and sometimes I thought, "Really? You don't see this?' I did remind myself that I am incredibly naive and I probably would have thought the same thing, even if it was obvious. :)

Nathan is a great character. Fun and sweet and just...well, great. Shannon is quirky and fun. The supporting characters don't detract from the story at all and I was wishing some of them would get together.  Oooo, maybe Aubrey will write another story about Henry and Rachel.

I would definitely read this again (it doesn't take long) and content wise it is squeaky clean. Just a couple of kisses.

Andrea's Review:

Before the Clock Strikes Thirty was just the lighthearted book I needed. It was a cute and funny story, and I loved the interaction between the main characters. 

Like Tarah mentioned, Shannon seemed really oblivious at times, but instead of being bothered by it, it caused me to do a little self-reflection.

I thought the fortune idea made for a fun and entertaining story. It was predictable, but at the same time a few things were thrown in that made you wonder if Shannon was going to blow it or not.

This is a quick and clean read. If you are looking for some light, chick-lit, don't miss Before the Clock Strikes Thirty.

Before_clock_strikes_thirty Title: Before the Clock Strikes Thirty
Author: Aubrey Mace
Publisher: Covenant Communications
Published: April 2014
ISBN:
1621082504 
Source: I received an eCopy via the publisher in exchange for a review. 

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment