Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Turning Pages

Turning Pages by Tristi Pinkston is a modern-day re-telling of Pride and Prejudice.

Addie Preston has been struggling since the recent death of her father, but at least her job at her beloved library provides stability in her life. At least it does until Blake is hired for the position she was promised, and major changes are announced for the library. There is instant bad blood, but working together forces them to get to know each other, and Addie comes to realize that not only is Blake handsome, but he really is a nice guy.

At times Addie seemed a lot younger than her 19-20 years, but she was very likable. The story reminded me a little of the job I had at a library during my college days.

This was a fun, fast read. I was able to read the full book on Wattpad (if you haven't checked Wattpad out yet, you are missing out).

2 comments:

  1. This sounds cute. I signed up on Wattpad and couldn't find it. But I don't know that I'd read it on my computer anyway. :) I may have to look for it in a library sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, here's the direct link (http://www.wattpad.com/story/1585303-turning-pages). I read it on my iPad using the Wattpad app (definitely better than sitting in an office chair for hours).

      Delete