Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wickedly Charming

Wickedly Charming by Kristine Grayson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was among a bunch of free Kindle books that I downloaded awhile back. I was a bit surprised when I noticed it in my Kindle library (the cover is . . . well, not the kind of book I would typically read). I hesitated deleting it right off because I was pretty sure the site that recommended it was a site of a lady with high morals. So, I looked up what it was about.

A modern day story that tells about the people who our Fairy Tales are based upon. They lived in another kingdom(/world), but came here through portals. They live extremely long lives and age very slowly (so you can't tell they're a few hundred years old). The main point is that the Grimms Brothers and Disney got things really wrong, and some of these people are upset about being misportrayed (especially Snow White's step-mother).

It sounded really interesting, so I (hesitantly) decided to give it a try. The writing was great (other than some swearing), and the characters were wonderful. I really did like it, especially because the "romance" was so tame (initially). But suddenly it wasn't just an accidental touch of the hands, and I was sad when the premarital sex was thrown in.

One of those "so good except for" books. Sigh. I guess in some cases you should judge a book by its cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment