Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Open Minds

Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, #1)Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ever wonder what the long term effects of flushing your prescriptions will be? Susan Kaye Quinn's novel takes us forward in time to where the pharmaceuticals in the water supply have caused most humans to be able to read minds. Talking is uncommon, and if you haven't changed yet, you are a zero. Life is very difficult for 16-year-old Kira. Especially when she finds out that not only is she a zero, she's something worse.

A very entertaining story. Sometimes I've wished to be able to know what others were thinking, but having to hear everyone's thoughts 24/7 would be horrible. I get to the point most evenings that I'm so excited that my kids are in bed so I can have some peace and quiet. Can you imagine not having any quiet unless you were far enough away from people?

Great story, and it's only $2.99 for the Kindle Edition on Amazon right now. Don't have a Kindle? Just get the free Kindle app. So awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment