Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Persuasion: A Latter-Day Tale

Persuasion: A Latter-day TalePersuasion: A Latter-day Tale by Rebecca H. Jamison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anne keeps busy as a stock broker and is always helping her somewhat dysfunctional parents and siblings. She's happy, but would love to find Mr. Right and have a family of her own to focus on.

Totally unexpectedly, her ex-fiance comes back into the picture. She was the one who called off the engagement eight years earlier due to fear and family pressure, but she's always loved Neil. Seeing him dating others is hard on her, but she's determined to get over him.

I felt like I could relate to Anne from the very beginning when she was trying to price items for her father's yard (I mean estate) sale. She's the go-to person in her family too (although her familial situation doesn't resemble mine at all).

Some parts were predictable, but others caught you off guard (in a good, twisty sort of way). At times it was really heavy on LDSisms, but the characters were great and the story was fun to read.

I haven't read Jane Austen's Persuasion yet, but this definitely made me want to add it to my to-read stack.

This was an Advanced Readers Copy read through NetGalley.

1 comment: