Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Not My Type

Not My Type: A Single Girl's Guide to Doing It All WrongNot My Type: A Single Girl's Guide to Doing It All Wrong by Melanie Jacobson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been hearing (great things) about this book for months, but finding a library copy hasn't been easy. And then, miracle of miracles, I won a copy on a blog. I was so excited when it arrived in my mailbox the other day.

I was quite nervous that I had built it up so much in my mind that it'd be a let down. Thankfully, it did not disappoint!

Pepper Spicer (yes, the name is funny, but it totally works) is 23 and doesn't have a very enviable life. She is living at home, sharing a room with her little sister, and managing a sandwich shop to pay off the credit card debt she accumulated for her wedding (that didn't happen). Her attitude is hard to live with and her parents finally go with the tough love approach. She won't be able to keep living at home if she doesn't take some steps to change her attitude (finding a job she likes and writing thank you notes).

Pepper definitely has an uphill battle, but Jacobson's writing style and humor makes it a very enjoyable read. It is also a great reminder to look for the good in our lives, and share our gratitude with others.

2 comments: