Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

A Christmas Carol

A Christmas CarolA Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At the First Presidency Christmas Devotional on December 4th, President Thomas S. Monson mentioned how A Christmas Carol is one of the books he reads every Christmas. I'm definitely familiar with the story, but that is mostly due to watching Disney's "Mickey's Christmas Carol". But, there are times when a person should read good books (those with more substance than fluff), so I got an e-copy and started reading.

Of course, the point of the story is excellent. A greedy old man seeing the light and understanding that it is better to give than to receive. I'll admit I prefer the brevity of the cartoon version. This was a little verbose at times. But, there were some details not included in the cartoon that definitely added to the story.

I'm not sure that I'm ready to read A Tale of Two Cities at this point, but I'm glad I read A Christmas Carol.

1 comment:

  1. I should download that and read it over Christmas Break! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete