Pages

Monday, November 30, 2020

Book Review: The Christmas Apron by Rachelle Paice Castor and Dan Burr

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1aPG5k5aLL.jpg

Book Description:

The children in Millie's family can't wait for Grandma to arrive with her special Christmas apron. According to tradition, each grandchild will write down the gift he or she wants most in the world and then slip that wish into the apron's pocket. Then, on Christmas morning,those wished-for gifts will be magically waiting under the tree. But eleven-year-old Millie overhears her parents: the family can't afford gifts for all the little ones. She pictures the disappointment on her siblings faces nothing to open on Christmas morning.

Is Millie willing to sacrifice her own whole-soul wish so someone else's can come true? Full of tender emotion and delightful surprise, this story reminds us of the miracles that unfold when we think of others before ourselves.

Review:

I just finished reading this story and had to wipe away the tears before I could start writing this review. Happy tears, of course. I didn't think I'd get all choked up over a kid's book, but here I am. I only have a PDF copy of this book, but I plan on purchasing the hard copy, because this is one I would love to keep in my Christmas book collection. Not only is the story touching and beautiful, but the artwork is too. Half of my kids are past the age of reading picture books, but I think I can get another year or two out of my twins, so this book is a must-read for them.  

Title: The Christmas Apron
Author: Rachelle Paice Castor
Illustrator: Dan Burr
Publisher: Covenant Communications, Inc. Published: November 2020 ISBN: 1524411574 Source: I received an e-copy from the publisher. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment