Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Book Review: Royal Heir by Traci Hunter Abramson

 Royal Heir
Book Description:
 
Within a fairy-tale palace overlooking the azure waters of the Mediterranean, Princess Cassandra of Sereno leads a charmed life—until that life is nearly cut short in an assassination attempt. Desperate to protect his daughter, the king sends the princess to safety in the one place he trusts: the neighboring country of Meridia. There, Cassie’s life is placed in the hands of a man who possesses the skills to protect her. CIA agent Levi Marin has years of experience pretending to be someone he’s not, but posing as the boyfriend of a real-life princess is new, even to him.
With the CIA and Interpol hot on the trail of the assassin, Levi and Cassie do their best to blend in in Meridia and to remain professional amid their charade. Yet despite their best efforts, the charade begins to feel all too real. Their chemistry is undeniable, but forgetting the dangerous reality of their situation could prove a deadly mistake. Cassie’s would-be killer is still at large, and her search for answers is leading her ever closer to a shocking revelation that will rock the monarchy of Sereno to its core.


Book Review:

I'm always excited with Traci Hunter Abramson comes out with a new book...especially when it's part of a series I enjoy. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one, but I will admit that I never gave Levi much thought in the other books. I think I thought Allen and his bomb sniffing dog would get the next book, so I was pleasantly surprised. 

I don't think you would need to read the other books in the series before you read Royal Heir. It would be more enjoyable for you because you understand some of the minor characters more, but I don't think it's necessary. 

I loved the bold cover. Not bold in a bright color sort of way (which the other Royal series books were bright) but I loved the crown over the light. It's simple and it just kinda hits you, and I love it.

I actually really liked that at the beginning of the book Levi was not excited to have Cassie around. She was a spoiled princess, and I loved that we got to see that change. I love what getting to know others and letting others in does to a person, and so that's fun for me to read. 

This book was well written, entertaining (in a "I don't want to put this down" sort of way), and classically Abramson. I might actually change that. Some authors later writings get a little old, but it seems to me that Abramson's just keep getting better. I can't wait until her next one! 

Royal Heir
Title: Royal Heir
Author: Traci Hunter Abramson
Publisher: Covenant
Published: March 2020
ISBN:  1524411280
Source: Advanced reader copy from the publisher. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment