Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

CD Review: What Heaven Feels Like by Calee Reed


Calee Reed makes her mark as a thoughtful and exciting new voice in spiritual and inspirational music with this beautiful follow-up to her debut album. Her folk pop sound is the perfect backdrop to gorgeous vocals and soaring melody lines. The title track, “What Heaven Feels Like,” stands out with a tender description of the lasting relationships we forge in this life that remain through the life to come. In the song “Possible,” Calee writes from an authentic place of joy as she reflects on God’s ability to extend our efforts beyond what we thought was possible. This album will help you see and enjoy more in life. It’s the perfect album to keep you dancing and singing through the summer.

Track List:

Living Water
I Am Enough
Possible
Miraculous
What Heaven Feels Like
Sunshine
Come Unto Christ

Andrea's Review:

I had the opportunity to see Calee Reed perform at Time Out for Women earlier this year. She has a beautiful voice and did a great job performing. I think having some background to some of her songs made a difference as I heard them on this CD. The lyrics are beautiful, and there is a fun sound to her songs. I've listened to it several times, and my only complaint would be that it ends so quickly. Not that you can't hit shuffle and repeat, but the less-than-thirty-minutes play list goes by pretty quickly. It is hard to pick a favorite song-it's a toss up between "Living Water" and "What Heaven Feels Like".

Rorie's Review:

Listening to this CD, I kept comparing Calee's sound to Colbie Caillat. I think if you like Colbie, you will enjoy this CD. I enjoyed most of the songs on this CD, although I was driving, so I wasn't really paying much attention to the lyrics. I think my favorite song was probably "Living Water," mostly for its upbeat tempo. My older boys were listening to the CD as well and both of them said that they enjoyed it. I plan on having it in rotation in my car, or even for music on Sunday, and look forward to actually getting a chance to pay attention to the lyrics, not just the music and the sound of Calee's voice.

Tarah's Review:

I'll admit that when I think of spiritual and inspirational music I think of something less jazzy. Calee has a great voice, and there is no denying her talent. None of the songs really struck the right chord with me though. None made me want to listen to them again, and think on their message. I was actually surprised by the pop/jazzy sound and had to take the CD out to make sure I was listening to the right music. Just don't expect calming, soothing sounds and you will probably enjoy this CD more than I did.

Purchase:

Amazon | Deseret Book

No comments:

Post a Comment