Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Book Tour: The Haunting of Springett Hall by E.B Wheeler

The Haunting of Springett Hall

Book Description:

Eighteen-year-old Lucy doesn’t know how she became a ghost, but the more she remembers of her life in Victorian England, the more she wants to forget. Her only hope of changing the mistakes of her past is to enlist the help of a servant named Philip—the one living person who can see her. This impossible romance story is filled with delightful period detail and plenty of mystery.
 
Book Review:

I loved this book! It was not at all what I expected and I was really distressed that I didn't have the time to devour it like I normally might have. Every time I had to put it down I groaned and inwardly complained about the other things I had to do instead.

Normally books about black magic and summonings and things make me super uncomfortable, and I generally steer clear of them.  I can't figure out how exactly this book didn't make me uncomfortable. Maybe it was just the mystery of everything, or that a lot of the dark stuff was past tense, or...I don't know.  It was just a well written book, that I'd highly recommend.

I will say that I was a bit disappointed with the ending. Maybe I'm growing used to my ending being wrapped up in a pretty little bow, and this wasn't like that, but for me even the not as satisfying ending wasn't enough to ruin the book for me, and honestly, if you knew me at all you would know that endings are kind of make it or break it for me, so I can only conclude that it must have been a great book :)

The Haunting of Springett Hall

Title:  The Haunting of Springett Hall
Author: E.B. Wheeler
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Published: July 2015
ISBN:  9781462116720
Source: I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment