Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Book Review: Undercover Bride by Margaret Brownley

Undercover Bride (Audio CD)

Book Description:

Pinkerton detective Maggie Cartwright is tasked with going undercover as a mail order bride. Her “fiancé” is widower Garrett Thomas, aka the suspected Whistle-Stop Bandit. No sooner does Maggie arrive in Arizona Territory when she’s confronted with an early wedding date—the clock is ticking on her detective work or she may end up a criminal’s wife! As the day of the wedding draws near, Maggie begins to panic. The problem is that the more she gets to know Garrett and his two adorable children, the harder it is to keep up the deception. Can a man as kind and gentle as Garrett really be the Whistle-Stop Bandit?

Book Review:

 I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I had read The Petticoat Detective, and while I enjoyed it, it was cheesy and I didn't take it seriously. This book had substance, which I wasn't expecting.  Set in the Old West this clean romance had great characters and a mystery that wasn't entirely predictable.  I love the concept of mail order brides, and this was a fun twist on that, since Maggie isn't actually a mail order bride...just pretending to be one.

If you like Westerns and good clean romances, I'd give this one a shot.

Undercover Bride (Audio CD)
Title: Undercover Bride
Author: Margaret Brownley
Publisher: Shilo Run Press
Published: June 2015
ISBN: 1630588814
Source: I received an eCopy from the publisher in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment