Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

CD Review: Embark by John Bytheway

Embark_cd
Description:

In this motivating talk related to the 2015 youth theme, John Bytheway explains what it means to truly embark — to get fully on board in the service of God with all your heart, might, mind, and strength. Using scriptures, powerful stories, and his characteristic humor, John explains that with the Savior's help, we can remain on board and eventually stand blameless before God at the last day.

Review:

Even though John Bytheway's talks are geared toward the teenage crowd (and this talk being the theme for the youth this year) I always find things that I can use and improve in my life. I love that I can have this talk playing while I'm making lunch or cleaning or something and my kids, who are still small, can be listening too it too. My older kids (who aren't any older than 9) even found parts of it funny.  They didn't get all the jokes, but if I was laughing they would ask me to explain it :) This is the kind of media I like having in my home. I don't worry about content and it brings the Spirit, plus a dash of humor. And on a side-note, John Bytheway has even changed his introduction. It isn't the same joke about the port-a-potty. That was kind of nice :)
So whether you have teenagers or not, if you are looking for a good pick-me-up want to listen to something fun and meaningful today, this CD would be a great one to try.

Embark! 2015 Youth ThemeAudio CD (December 2014)
Number of Discs: 1
Format: EP
Label: Deseret Book Company
ISBN-10: 1629720054

No comments:

Post a Comment