Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Movie Review: Believe


Movie Plot:

In the early 80’s the legendary Manchester United football manager Sir Matt Busby helps a wayward boy fulfill his dream.

Having lived with football all his life and survived the tragic 1958 Munich plane disaster in which 8 of his promising young players were killed, Matt, still haunted by the ghosts of the “Busby Babes” comes out of retirement for one last coaching challenge, to transform a young group of scallywags into a dream team to compete for the upcoming Manchester United Football League Cup.

A funny and touching family film, Believe tells the story of how Matt is finally healed, while continuing to inspire generations of dreamers and leaving the world’s greatest football team as his legacy.

Review:

I'm usually up for a feel-good sports movie, and Believe sounded like something that would be appropriate for the whole family. I'm happy to say that I wasn't disappointed. The main lesson of believing in yourself is a great one, and the acting and overall production were very well done.

I was intrigued right from the beginning with the young boy, Georgie, running away from the two adults through the shopping area. One of the adults, Sir Matt Busby, is played by Brian Cox. I've seen him in a few other movies where he always played a bad guy, so wondering if he was going to be the bad guy again was doubly intriguing.

At the risk of sounding cliche, I laughed, and I cried. I would definitely recommend seeing Believe. You might occasionally have a hard time understanding the thick accents, but there's no problem understanding the message of the film. I really liked the portrayal of loyalty, honesty, and faith in yourself and those around you.

Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment