Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

With Every Breath by Elizabeth Camden

With Every Breath

Book Description:

In the shadow of the nation's capital, Kate Livingston holds a respectable position as a government statistician when she encounters a rival from her past, the insufferable Trevor McDonough. A Harvard-trained physician, Trevor never showed the tiniest flicker of interest in Kate, and she's bewildered at the way he suddenly seeks her out. Surprising even herself, Kate agrees to Trevor's entirely unexpected and risky proposal to work side-by-side with him in his quest to rid the world of tuberculosis, a contagious and deadly disease. 

As Kate begins to unlock the mysteries of Trevor's past, she realizes there is much more to him than she could have imagined. His hidden depths may fascinate her, but his most closely guarded secrets and a shadowy enemy lurking in the background carry a serious threat to their future. 

When the truth of the past comes out, threatening to destroy everything they hold dear, how will Trevor and Kate ever overcome all that stands in their way?

Book Review:

I really enjoyed this book. Historical Christian Romance can be a tricky genre. I find that sometimes they can be too preachy, or way too historical when all I want is the story, but With Every Breath had a good mixture of all these elements.

Trevor's character made for a good read. Yes, sometimes I wanted to slap him and say, "Be nice!" (because I'm sure slapping would be the best way to go about that). Have you ever watched House? My husband was on a House kick for awhile and Trevor's character sort of reminded me of the main doctor in that TV Show...just not as crude, or as cruel and mean.

Sometimes Kate seemed to act a little juvenile for me. I kept wanting to tell her to get over losing the competition, and get over some other things I can't tell you without spoiling the end. I understood her worries and fears, but it was killing me.  "You two are supposed to be together!" I wanted to scream.  It was a very emotional book for me, apparently :)

I would buy this and put it on my self to be read again and again.
 

Title: With Every Breath
Author: Elizabeth Camden
Publisher: Bethany House
Published: August 2014
ISBN: 9780764211744
Source: I received an eCopy from Netgalley in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment