Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

I'm so glad I was introduced to Ally Carter's YA books. They are so entertaining and fun (especially if you're into spy novels with some humor).

Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.


I got a kick out of the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. I went to public school, so boarding schools have always fascinated me. Spy life is also something that interests me. Probably because it is so far from anything I'd ever do, but it's fun to think about.

The characters in this story were great, especially Cammie. It was fun following her as she tried to be a normal girl.

I highly recommend this series. There were a couple of mild swearwords, but other than that it was very clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment