Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Princess Academy: Palace of Stone

Palace of Stone (Princess Academy #2)Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was very excited when I saw the ARC for the sequel to Princess Academy on NetGalley. Sadly, I didn't enjoy Palace of Stone as much as its predecessor. Miri and her friends were still great, but the bulk of the story moved along at a snail's pace for me. The new challenges they found living in the palace just didn't excite me like their struggles in the first book. The characters also didn't seem as deep. Perhaps re-reading Princess Academy would have helped.

Overall it was a good story, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, I'll keep that in mind whenever I get to read it. I also have been looking forward to it. Thanks, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete