Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dangerous Favor

Dangerous FavorDangerous Favor by Joyce DiPastena

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I recently learned about Dangerous Favor on LDSWBR. Their review and the sample chapter online grabbed my attention. It's a story with lords, knights, queens, mistaken identity, plots to overthrow kings, traitors, and mysterious "favors".

I didn't love the cover, but if you feel the same way, don't let that stop you from giving the book a try. The story is quite engaging.

I really enjoyed the interaction between Mathilde and Etienne. Mathilde is young and naive, but she is extremely loyal to her father and is determined to prove that he was wrongly accused of theft. Etienne seems like a player, but he has his loyalties too.

If you get hung up on unfamiliar foreign terms, be sure to note that there is a glossary in the back (I would have loved a pronunciation guide too).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking time to read and review Dangerous Favor!

    ReplyDelete