Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Daughters of Jared

Daughters of JaredDaughters of Jared by Heather B. Moore

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Heather Moore has an exceptional talent for writing an interesting story that makes me want to pull out my scriptures and re-read the real thing. I really appreciate any historical fiction that makes me want to go to the history books (scriptural or otherwise) for more information.

This was shorter than her other novels, but the length was good. I liked the characters, even though Naiva's selflessness after what she'd been through was hard to imagine.

Levi's love seemed to come out of no where (the characters hardly knew each other), but their interaction over time and their commitment was sweet (especially the dialogue at the end of Chapter 34).

This was an enjoyable, fast read that made me want to work on being less selfish.


*I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the review! So glad you enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete