Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Seeking Persephone

Seeking PersephoneSeeking Persephone by Sarah M. Eden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love it when someone recommends a book and it turns out to be as good as they said it was! Thanks to my sister for introducing me to Sarah M. Eden's books!

Seeking Persephone takes place in England in the early 1800's. The Duke of Kielder would rather burn his castle to the ground than for it to go to the heir presumptive, his idiotic distant cousin. He has never considered marrying (who would want someone with the scars he bears?), but he is convinced by his solicitor that marrying someone desperate would give him an heir of his own.

Adam sends a proposal letter to Persephone Lancaster's father with instructions that they will meet at the wedding. Persephone's first instinct is to refuse, but the amount of money promised will save her family.

Such a wonderful story with great characters!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh I was looking forward to the review of this one! thanks, Andrea! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete