Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Everneath

Everneath (Everneath, #1)Everneath by Brodi Ashton

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

The description on the back of Everneath (along with recommendations from some friends) got me excited to read this story.

"Six months ago, Nikki Beckett vanished into an underworld known as the Everneath.

Now she's returned--to her old life, her family, her boyfriend--for another six months before she leaves again. This time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her.

Six months for good-byes she can't find the words for.

Six months to find redemption, if it exists."


So, how did it all turn out? Without spoiling it, I'll say that I really liked the story, but was distracted by the many similarities to the Hourglass Door trilogy by Lisa Mangum.

I don't typically love when stories jump around time a lot to tell a story (there's something about chronology that appeals to me), but for the most part it was well done. Most issues were explained well (although one that was a big issue was sort of glossed over).

I liked the characters and found the mythology interesting. I'll read the next book in the series when it comes out.

There is some swearing and teenage intimacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment