Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sean Griswold's Head

Sean Griswold's HeadSean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every once in awhile I come across a book that I can relate to. It is typically unexpected, and Sean Griswold's Head was no exception. I definitely didn't think I'd relate to the book based on the title, or the excerpt from the back (although that made me laugh), but I did relate and I really enjoyed it.

Honor student Payton Gritas is blindsided when she discovers that her dad has multiple sclerosis, especially that she's the last to find out. Her mom makes her talk to the school guidance counselor, who assigns Payton to have a focus journal. Trying to pick an object that won't let her think about her dad's deterioration, she decides to focus on the thing right in front of her . . . Sean Griswold's head.

This book takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride. I really appreciated that there were a lot more ups than downs, even in a difficult situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment