Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

General Category Finished!

I thought I'd post an update about my progress with the "Read 'em All" challenge.

Having sick kids for over a week was really bad (high fevers and coughs), but since there was a lot of laying around, I was able to get a bunch of reading in. Having a deadline makes some of the reading more of a chore than a pleasure, but I have found several really enjoyable books.

There was a recommendation to read one category at a time, but I've been all over the place (availability of books has been a factor). The Evolution of Thomas Hall marked the final book for me in the General Category though, so I'm happy about that.

One disappointment with the Finalists has been that I expected all of the books to be clean, and some of them aren't. When I know an author is LDS, I expect more from their stories (morally). Part of "being in the world, but not of the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment