Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Daughter of Helaman

Daughter of HelamanDaughter of Helaman by Misty Moncur

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Daughter of Helaman tells about a young woman who desires to join a militia with her brothers to help fight for their religious freedom. Although an unlikely tale, I was caught up with Keturah's battle. I liked her strong character and couldn't help rooting for her.

I really enjoyed this debut novel of Misty Moncur's . . . right up until it ended. It's not that it had a bad ending, it just didn't end (such a disappointment when you aren't expecting that). Hopefully there is a sequel in the works.

1 comment:

  1. Endings are really hard to do well. I might have to read this one. I like books that are scripture-fictional. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete