Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

When Crickets Cry

When Crickets CryWhen Crickets Cry by Charles Martin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Some friends and I just started a book club. If this first book is any indication of how awesome this club will be, then we are in for good times.

When Crickets Cry was a very touching story about a man hiding from his past, a young girl full of hope in spite of her limited chances for survival, and a small town with loving people.

There are a lot of medical details in this story. Typically the amount included would lead me to quite a bit of skimming, but it was fascinating.

The characters were excellent. Each of them captured my attention.

Discovering the details of Reese's past took most of the novel. Often taking that long to figure out those details would have tested my patience, but it was very well done.

I'm looking forward to reading more of Charles Martin's books.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite books! I am glad that you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete