Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The List

The ListThe List by Melanie Jacobson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I finally got my hands on a copy of Melanie Jacobson's The List (thanks Tarah). This is a "mind candy" book that you can finish in one sitting (although it might mean reading until 2 AM).

Ashley made a list of 25 things to do before she gets married. In the past six years she has made a lot of progress on The List, but with graduate school starting in the fall, she decides now is the time to cross Surfing and Summer Fling off. She's beautiful and smart, and knows how to get what she wants. But, will love get in the way of her life plan?

Melanie's writing is very entertaining. The LDS Singles setting was hilarious (and real). It flowed, and wasn't preachy at all. I loved the characters, and even though one of the surprises to Ashley was pretty obvious, I mostly liked how it played out.

It was also fun to see similarities to some of my past silly relationships.

I'm looking forward to reading Melanie's latest novel, Not My Type.

No comments:

Post a Comment