Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wings

Wings (Wings, #1)Wings by Aprilynne Pike

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Laurel is new in town, and has to deal with public school for the first time. She is welcomed, but she can't help but notice that she's very different from the other kids. As time goes on she discovers that the differences are way more than skin deep-she's not even human.

I wasn't prepared for the fantasy aspects of this book (a friend said she liked the third book in this series, so I decided to read it without knowing what it was about).

Wings was in the Young Adult section of my library. I like a lot of books in that section, but the categorization is a bit broad. The target audience is for young teens, not young adults.

That said, I'll probably still give the rest of the series a try. I didn't hate it; I was just caught off guard by Pike's interpretation of faeries.

1 comment: