Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Entwined

EntwinedEntwined by Heather Dixon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Entwined is a retelling of the twelve dancing princesses. Azela is the oldest of 12 princesses who share their mother's love of dancing. When the queen dies, the sisters can't abide by following the strict rules of mourning that prohibit dancing. A magic passageway leads to a pavilion where night after night the princesses can dance to their heart's content. By the time they realize that this gift comes with a high price, they are in too deep to back out.

A fun and creative version of a story I loved when I was young. I highly recommend Entwined.

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend it, too. I just finished this one maybe a week ago. It is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nisa, your review was how I learned about the book. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete