Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mummy's the Word

Mummy's the WordMummy's the Word by Kerry Blair

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I had no idea what to expect from this book. I'd never heard of it, but the bright green cover caught my eye in the library. Kudos to the cover designer for choosing a color that would stand out.

We all know you can't judge a book by it's cover though, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that I LOVED the story.

Samantha Shade is a twenty-something aspiring PI. She works for her Uncle's private detective agency, Nightshade Investigation, and is manning the agency while he's on vacation. She hopes to prove herself while he is gone so she can take over when he fully retires, thus fulfilling her lifetime dream.

Unfortunately, things don't go as smoothly as she had hoped. Not only are her current cases going south, but she manages to interfere with police work as well.

There were a lot of twists and turns and little details I never saw coming. I loved the characters, and the romance.

I can't wait to read the next Nightshade Mystery.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Thanks, I'll check this one out for sure.

    ReplyDelete