Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Twitterpated

TwitterpatedTwitterpated by Melanie Jacobson

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Internet dating. I never tried it, but I love reading Melanie Jacobson's stories about it. She is hilarious!

Twitterpated tells about a mid-twenties Seattle accountant named Jessie that is the newest member of LDS Lookup ("Facebook for Mormons"). The problem is that she didn't sign up; her roommate created a profile for her. She's upset, but decides to respond to Ben.

Although Jessie is VERY hesitant to start dating again (she was burned and hasn't gotten over it), she and Ben hit it off. But, fear of being burned again, along with a very demanding career, might end things just when they're looking good.

Some of the lines were so funny that I thought they'd be fun to share in a review. But, I was too into the book (and lazy) to stop reading to write them down. Go read it so you can share your favorite lines!

Twitterpated is the first story that Melanie wrote (although it's the third to be published). It feels a lot like her other novels, Not My Type and The List (not the same story-but fun characters, internet dating, and lots of humor). I wasn't as into this one as the others, but it was still enjoyable. I'm looking forward to her next novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment