Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Miles from Ordinary

Miles from OrdinaryMiles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

If I could only use one word to describe Miles from Ordinary it would be depressing. No child should have the sole responsibility to care for their mentally ill parent, but that is the situation we find fourteen-year-old Lacey in. She longs for freedom, but love keeps her bearing the daily burden.

I wouldn't be surprised if I had nightmares about this book. Mental illness is just so difficult to read about. There were moments of light, and the ending was definitely happier than the beginning, but it was still so dark.

This is not my kind of book, and I wouldn't recommend it because it is so depressing. But, it was well written and (horrifyingly) realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment