Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows

I Am Half Sick Of Shadows: A Flavia De Luce NovelI Am Half Sick Of Shadows: A Flavia De Luce Novel by Alan Bradley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I heard about the latest Flavia de Luce novel being released I happily gave my bookmobile library a heads up to order it. I was apparently not the only person interested in reading this though because it took months for my hold to get filled. However, it was worth the wait!

Christmas is approaching and Colonel de Luce lets his girls know that due to their financial strain, he has rented their house to a movie company. They will remain at their home during the filming, but certain areas will be off-limits. Excitement abounds, especially when the famous actors start to arrive.

Flavia is excited (along with the rest of the village), but she doesn't lose focus on her current chemistry project that will involve catching St. Nick.

I loved the flow of this novel. Flavia is such a great character. Kind of like Sherlock Holmes (except female and 11-years-old).

The build-up to the tragedy was just right, and Flavia's sleuthing was superb.

I was very happy about some breakthroughs in familial relationships (even though they may have been small), and I am always touched by Flavia's care for Dogger.

Excellent book!

No comments:

Post a Comment