Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

While We're Far Apart

While We're Far ApartWhile We're Far Apart by Lynn Austin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While We're Far Apart was a very satisfying read. Not only is the story good, but I actually learned. Historical fiction, when done well, is my favorite (assuming there is at least a little romance thrown in). ;)

The story takes place in New York during World War II. I hadn't thought much about the prejudices against Jews in the US. And, I learned about efforts at home and abroad to help those suffering that I hadn't heard about before. I was surprised that I'd never learned about Raoul Wallenberg in my history classes.

At times the story moved pretty slowly for me, but it seemed appropriate for the time. Life at home must have dragged at times while loved ones were away.

No comments:

Post a Comment