Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

DVD review: Story Tellers: an Evening with Colorful Characters

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/8191eMZoJJL._SL1500_.jpg 


Description:

One cold night in the Utah Territory, three opinionated men, seemingly by chance, find themselves sharing a campfire as they tell tales, swap insults, and expound on their personal beliefs and philosophies. However, one of the men is not there by mere coincidence. Join Porter Rockwell, Mark Twain, and J. Golden Kimball for an entertaining and intriguing evening with three of the most colorful characters of the Old West. 

Rorie's Review:

I read the description of this DVD before watching it, so I knew what to expect, but I still went into it thinking there would be a story line or a plot or something, so I kept waiting for that to happen. Just be aware, this is not that kind of a movie. It is exactly as it says: three men sitting around a fire, telling stories. Once you accept that, this is an enjoyable movie. 

I thought the all of the actors did a good job, but I really liked the one who played Porter Rockwell. I enjoyed all of the stories that they told as well. And their sense of humor made my husband and I laugh several times. Probably not a movie that kids would sit through, but my husband and I enjoyed it.

Andrea's Review:

My first impression after turning this movie on was that I loved seeing some familiar landscapes. The inclusion of Bridal Veil Falls caught my attention, and I was very impressed with the cinematography. I loved the fall colors!

I’m not sure how they came up with the idea for this, but it made for an entertaining movie. I am familiar with all three characters, but didn’t know much about J. Golden Kimball. It was fun learn a bit more about him. I enjoyed the interaction between all three characters, but my favorite was definitely Porter Rockwell. While on the whole it’s a pretty light movie, there are times with high emotion. I really liked the ending where we learn why one of the men wasn’t there by happenstance. His reason added to his character.

This is a clean, entertaining movie that I'd watch again. 

Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment