Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Book Review: Will the Real Prince Charming Please Stand Up? by Ella Martin

Will the Real Prince Charming Please Stand Up?
Book Description:

Bianca is the Westgate Prep quarterback’s sister—and that’s her only claim to fame. When her friends’ social experiment turns her into the It Girl of the Sophomore class and she captures the attention of the most popular guy in her grade, though, she’s ecstatic to introduce the world to her first boyfriend. But no one’s ever told her what to do when her friends hate her boyfriend and Prince Charming starts acting like a control-freaky nightmare. It doesn’t help that being around her brother’s best friend is making her head all fuzzy, either.

Book Review:

This was a quick cute YA coming of age read. I don't always understand the Prep school dynamics, but I find it fun to read about. The things that I really love about this story are Bianca's relationship's with her brother and her friends. My kids are super close in age, and I can only hope that when they get to high school together they will not only look out for each other, but they will enjoy each others company. I hope that they have a group of good friends that they will be loyal to, and I hope that when they start dating (ahhh! super scary) they will pick people who will treat them like the children of God they are.

I was really interested in all of Bianca's justifications for her boyfriend. Even after he screwed up royally. Even though I was in agreement with her friends about him, I could understand her thought processes and rationalizations, and that scares me.

This was a well written story that covers some difficult topics, in a way that is still appropriate. Kudo's to the author there. The content didn't bother me, but I'm not sure I want my teen (when I have one) reading about kissing someone like she did...especially when she's only 15. I'd still consider it a clean read, but some people might want to know.

Will the Real Prince Charming Please Stand Up? 
Title: Will the Real Prince Charming Please Stand Up?
Author: Ella Martin
Publisher:
CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform  
Published: June 30th 2014 
ISBN: 1462119379
 

No comments:

Post a Comment