Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Book Review: Bilwok: Dawn of the Trolls by George Anthon Kibbie

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91E41LxVMyL.jpg


Book Description:

When Bilwok discovers the ancient record of his people, it changes everything he's ever known about himself, his fellow trolls, and the world beyond his hidden home. Now he has to decide where his loyalties lie and how far he'll go to find the truth. Discover the intriguing world of trolls in this fascinating fantasy that's filled with twists and surprises!

Book Review:

This book drew me in from the very beginning. I have always loved post-apocalyptic books and throwing trolls in the mix was very intriguing. In many books where teenagers are the main character, you tend to forget that they are still just kids. This book is different in that you are shown, several times, that Bilwok is young and still relies on his parents for guidance in a lot of ways

I am very interested in the back story of how the trolls came to be where they are, and how the humans play a role in their story. While reading the book, I kept getting hints that all was not as it appeared to be on the surface. I'm definitely looking forward to book two so I can follow this story as it continues.

If I had one complaint about the book, it would be that the author didn't use very many contractions (i.e. "will not" for "won't.") Maybe it was intentional, to show how the trolls spoke, or maybe that's simply how the author speaks, but for me, it interrupted the flow of the story. Not a major downside by any means, but still noticeable.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91E41LxVMyL.jpg

Title:  Bilwok: Dawn of the Trolls
Author: George Anthon Kibbie
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Published: June 2015
ISBN:  1462116639
Source: I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for a review.

Purchase: Amazon  Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment