Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Book Review: Silenced by Dani Pettrey

Silenced (Alaskan Courage, #4)
 Book Description:

A relaxing day of rock climbing takes a disturbing turn when Kayden McKenna's route leads her face to face with a dead climber. Is it a terrible accident or something sinister? When the case is handed to the overburdened sheriff, he turns to Jake Westin. With Jake's past now revealed, he's ready to use his talent for investigation again--but he could never prepare for where the case will take him.

Kayden and Jake soon realize that the death was no accident. And worse, it seems the killer is on to them. When strange things begin happening in Yancey, Jake is terrified that once again his world may put someone he loves in danger. But the truth is far worse than he could ever imagine.


Book Review:

I've been looking forward to reading this book for a while now, and I think it's because I love getting to know all the characters in the series. Someone in another review compared this family to Dee Henderson's O' Malleys family. If you like getting to know all the characters then Alaskan Courage would probably be a good series for you to try. I also was excited to read this book because I was intrigued by Jake. In all the books he was a background character never saying much, but always a strong presence. I'll admit that Kayden was never my favorite. I found her too abrasive for me, but I was excited for her story.
While the mystery was good and not completely obvious, I was a little disappointed by how many things I felt were left undone in this book. What happens with Kayden and the rock climbing group? What happens with Shane? There were a few more things too. It felt like the book was taking you one direction and then abruptly did an about face and took you somewhere else and left things hanging.
All that said and done, it didn't take me long to finish and I will be reading it again. I liked having closure for other characters with getting married, and I'm excited for Reef and Kirra's story. 

Silenced (Alaskan Courage, #4)


Title: Silenced
Author: Dani Pettrey
Publisher: Bethany House
Published: May 2014
ISBN: 0764211951
Source: I received a copy via the publisher in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment