Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review: Spring Vacation Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology)

The Spring Vacation Collection is the second book of novellas in the Timeless Romance Anthology. Its six novellas are written by Josi S. Kilpack, Annette Lyon, Heather Justesen, Sarah M. Eden, Heather B. Moore, and Aubrey Mace. I'm a fan of quite a few of the books these authors have written, and it's fun to get a taste of their writing in short stories.

If I only had one word to describe this collection, I would definitely have to go with "sweet." Sometimes I struggle with novellas because they are so short, but these were written very well. They didn't feel rushed, which made for realistic romances.

I really like the cover (look at all that green grass-I love Spring!). Initially I thought these novellas might have been set in the past (maybe due to the way the woman is dressed on the cover), but they're all modern-day romances.

I liked the characters, and it was fun that with most of the stories, the romances came from people that already knew each other. Sometimes people just need to open their eyes (and hearts) to the people around them. :)

The Spring Vacation Collection's stories are fun and quick reads. I was disappointed with the inclusion of a couple of swearwords (I'm not a fan of swearing, even if it's mild) in Moonlight Kiss and Picture Perfect, and a pretty steamy scene in Picture Perfect (thankfully they put the brakes on). The rest of the novellas are very clean, and give you a good feel for the type of books these authors write.

You can read sample chapters from both the Winter and Spring Collections on the Timeless Romance Anthologies blog.

*I received an eCopy of The Spring Vacation Collection in exchange for a review.

1 comment: