Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Review: Smart Move by Melanie Jacobson

Smart Move is similar to Melanie Jacobson's other romantic comedies, and while I liked it, I think I would have enjoyed it a little more if I had re-read Twitterpated just before reading this. Smart Move's main character, Sandy, is the roommate of the main character in Twitterpated and quite a few references are made to people and events in the other book.

Sandy has recently moved from Seattle to Washington D.C. to work for a non-profit that helps women in poverty. The move was just one of several big life changes for Sandy, and while she's happy with the changes, she has a major challenge at her new job-dealing with Jake, the attorney representing a group that is against New Horizons opening a new location.

I wasn't totally in love with Sandy or Jake, but their story is entertaining. The resolution to the conflict is happy, even though I wasn't quite sure what to think of Jake at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment