Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Review: Lady Outlaw by Stacy Henrie

No one would ever imagine a fresh-faced young woman could be robbing stage bandits of their ill-gotten fortunes. But Jennie Jones is desperate to save her family's ranch from foreclosure. And the risks seem worth it, until her upright new ranch hand offers a glimpse of how much is really at stake.

Former bounty hunter Caleb Johnson is ready for a new, clean start. With a woman like Jennie, he could build a future there in Utah territory. But only if his gentle faith can guide her in a choice between the land she's fought so hard to save and a future by his side.

I was a little skeptical about Lady Outlaw when I saw that it is a Harlequin novel, but apparently this is an "inspirational, love inspired historical" line that I didn't know existed amongst the Harlequin titles. It is a clean book, and captured my attention right away with its unlikely criminal and the somewhat familiar setting.

I enjoyed the characters, and my curiosity about Jennie being able to leave her life of crime kept me reading even when my attention waned around the middle of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment