Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Review: Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena

Loyalty's Web was an exciting read that I didn't want to put down. Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres, especially when it includes a nice romance. This first novel of Joyce DiPastena's includes all of that and more.

The setting is twelfth-century France, and while I did get a bit hung up on some of the French names, the historical setting, along with Heléne de Laurant's story, kept me engaged.

I loved how Heléne didn't fit the mold of women in her time period. She preferred sneaking away to shoot her brother's longbow (dressed in his clothing) to more "appropriate" activities. She was determined to right the wrongs around her-what's not to like about that?

I enjoyed the other characters too. There was a wide range of personalities (some enduring, some repulsive), and the combination of everyone made for a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment