Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Reality Check

Over the past few months I've read several blog posts about Reality Check, and I was able to read an excerpt on the publisher's website. With these little glimpses I was excited to get my hands on a copy. The idea of being on a reality dating show is not new, but having friends apply for you (without your knowledge) was a fun new take on the idea.

Lucy isn't your typical reality dating show contestant. First, she didn't apply for the show. Second, she doesn't think she has a chance, and is just in it for the adventure. She is pretty, but she's not the type of girl to flaunt her assets. She's competitive (how could she not be with a bunch of brothers?), but she's nice, and isn't about to lower her standards just to make herself seem better than the other contestants.

I really felt for Lucy when she was burned a few times (all for ratings/money). Even though Lucy's an adult, I think the peer pressure would have been hard to deal with. She was the odd one out, but she stayed strong.

I was pleasantly surprised by the twists near the end. I thought I had it all figured out, but I didn't, and that was a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Reality Check sounds like a very fun read, thank you for the interesting review, and I'll be adding this one to my *want* list :D

    ReplyDelete