Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

What Am I Putting In My Mind?

I recently decided to read a couple of eBooks I got for free on Amazon. I can't remember how I found them. Someone must have recommended a free book, and then the suggestions at the bottom listed more. Anyway, one was a Georgian romance, and the other was a Regency romance. I don't believe I've read any other Georgian romance novels before, and apparently the Regency romances I've read have all been very tame. Talk about racy!

So, I discovered, yet again, that free can be bad (like sharing a cup with someone who is sick, bad). Slippery, slippery slope. I hope that I've learned my lesson this time. I really should look at reviews before starting books that haven't been recommended by sources I can trust. Hopefully that will at least give me an idea about the content.

I like this quote from President Thomas S. Monson:

In short, if you have any question about whether a particular movie, book, or other form of entertainment is appropriate, don’t see it, don’t read it, don’t participate. 6

Such a good message to follow! Easier said than done at times, but something to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment